Saturday, April 3, 2010

Hi Peeps! For those of you who don`t know...I am Lithuanian (both sides of my family) And on Easter after coloring and decorating our eggs (and after going to church) we would always choose what we thought was going to be the hardest egg. We had an egg cracking event. My grandfather (on my mom`s side) always won! I think it was not so much the egg but how he held it when someone would try and crack his! He left very little of his egg showing. I have tried to master his technique but no such luck! Isn`t it funny the small events and customs such as these we look so forward to as children. I hope my children pass this fun game on to their own. :-)

Here is my recipe for Swedish Coffee Buns which are melt in your mouth delicious! Ironic too as my dh and I are starting Atkins Monday and cannot eat bread.
Scald 1 cup canned milk. Pour over 1 stick of butter. Add 1/2 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon salt. When cooled down add 2 beaten eggs (room temp) and 1 yeast cake. Adding cardamom is optional but we loved the taste. Add 4 to 5 cups bread flour...depending on the moisture in the air the day you make them...I usually ended up with 5 cups. Let rise in covered bowl for 1 hour. Make rolls and let rise again. I made mine by pinching off a twist and actually tied them in a criss cross. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. YUMMY!

Talk to you tomorrow! Go to sleep all you peeps so the Easter bunny makes it to your house! And blessings to you all.
Hi Sis!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate each and every comment and read them all!