Saturday, February 6, 2010

Hi!Today Steph has sent us to be inspired by the great artist Erté. Our Peggy made the suggestion as she received a card from her niece Aja featuring a beautiful piece by Erté. I must say there were so many choices my card today is a composition inspired by the entire site and was not limited to one specific piece. Although he did have several pieces with roses. Here is a link to the site and the page where some were found



http://www.doubletakeart.com/cgi-bin...0173&pg=24


I stamped, cut out, and popped up my rose lady. Added her to a card embossed with a SU Manhattan Flower EB Folder. Added a thank you rub on and a Say It With Stud jewel. This card will be used for our dil birthday thanking her for being such a wonderful member of our family. And since her last name is Rose I thought this card would be cute for her as she has to dress for work each day. How she walks in her heels I don`t know! lol Thanks for peeking and have a great evening! I will be back later tonight to comment on the wonderful gallery we have today. I need to clean up my craft room and after dinner things. At least I can now say I am loading our dishwasher cause the dishwasher was me for the last 37 years! LOL I never thought I wanted one but now I do I wouldn`t trade it for the world!

4 comments:

  1. great inspired card-love the retro look of your image-just like the erte site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is just gorgeous. i love the stamp with that embossing. wow!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the elegance of this card Judi! And that background on the envelope with the torn card stock is wonderful!!!! Thanks for being an inspiration! :) and yes, those dishwashers are wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I certainly couldn't walk far in shoes like that! Total glamour and sophisticated elegance.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment and read them all!