Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Double Challenge Card 6/8 Teaparty and Midnight Madness


Hi! This is a double challenge card. 1st challenge is for Teapot Tuesday. This week our hostess with the mostess is Bonnie! We needed to bring pretties for Darla the Dragonfly and her daughter. There are 42,000 reasons we need to do this so everyone needs to join in the fun!! Fabulous teapot, storyline, and card today Bonnie! Thank you! Read about it here.
MMTPT97

The 2nd challenge is the Midnight Madness Sketch brought to us by the oh so talented Priscilla! Read about it here.
MMSC57
My image is from Penny Black and was watercolored and matted. I chose this image because the bears are ever so sweet and they have brought us all honey and even brought along their bees and beehive! My bottom layer is SU DP and I ran it and the envelope through the Swiss Dots EB Folder. I added three tiny gems on the right corner and in the spaces left from my MS Corner Punch. Now it has been told to me that these gems are worth 500.00 apiece! YIKES! They are very much appreciated Miss Peggy!! Wink,Wink! I then used doilies I picked up at Walmart in the candymaking section. I then used a doodlebug trim on the middle and added a tiny gingham bow to the left corner. The inside has the SU DP and I punched the opposite side from the outside. This was so much fun to make! My gd Ariel helped me choose today and this was approved by her! LOL Thanks for looking! Comments always appreciated!
Hi Sis!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 comments:

  1. HQW SWEET!! What a wonderful entry and Great take on the sketch too. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenges.
    Priscilla
    MMSC Hostess

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lace doily looks so good with the fancy punched corner - and perfect for a tea-party too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Judi-I saw your card on SCS earlier...I am the bear lover...lol This is just adorable. I love how you attached that lace doily in the background...very pretty. It's absolutely darling. Great job with the sketch this week. Thank you for playing along with us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol :O}
    Midnight Madness Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card! love the colours and the doily

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so cute and gorgeous Judi!!! I love your take on the Sketch!!! Great details too...the punched corner rocks!!! Enjoy your summer!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess you get tired of me commenting about your wonderful coloring - lol! These PB images are so perfect for coloring and I LOVE the soft yellow BG you used! Enough gushing for now...keep up the good work and so glad your gd approved. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Judi - this is way too adorable - I LOVE that bear and haven't seen it before! Your colouring is amazing and your eye for detail is perfect! This is a favourite with me Judi! Thanks for joining us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, we love to be inspired by your work and look forward to seeing you again next week! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda MMSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very pretty! Lovely image and I really liked that cornerpunch!

    Thanks for joining Midnight Madness Challenge. We hope to see you again next week!

    Mvh
    Gunn
    MMSC GD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Judy... this is just adorable!!! I LOVE Penny Black and their bears are so precious! I LOVE how you colored this and the pretty doily abd that corner...wow!!! Love your work Judy! We DO need to get together for coffee!!!!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  10. Judi, what an adorable take on the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week. Your Penny Black bear images are the cutest and you've colored them so nicely. LOVE your use of the doilies too. What a great job!!

    Thanks SO MUCH for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week and I truly hope you will join us again next week!!

    Hugs
    pam
    Midnight Madness Sketch Challege, GD

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how adorable is this card! Beautiful image and color choice, the embossing, paper doily and ribbon add lovely dimension to it! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week.
    Hugs,
    Charlotte
    MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment and read them all!