Saturday, July 24, 2010

Double Challenge Card 7/24 Penny Black and Verve


Hi! This is a double challenge card. First it is a card to honor our Queen for the Day ~ MariLynn!! YAY!And if you are familiar with her work at all you know she does the most magnificent butterflies. So rather than case one card I chose to include one on my basket handle. Congrats MariLynn! Wear that heavy crown proudly! Read about it here.
QFTD19 Challenge

This is also for today`s Inspiration Challenge brought to us by Stephanie and suggested by Gail MacFadden. It is an online store called Novica. Read about it here.
IC242 Challenge
This is what I chose as my inspiration.
Novica Inspiration
I used an old Penny Black image, colored with watercolors, cut out, matted, used a corner punch,adding my precious tiny gems in the cut out corners, then popped my main image up. Added a ribbon and brass charm leaves. The inside says Wishing you sunny days and the envelope says sunshine and smiles ~ Both sentiments from Verve. Thanks for looking and I hope you like it today!
Hi Sis!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Blog candy later today!!

2 comments:

  1. A butterfly is the perfect way to honour MariLynn :D. Beautiful colouring, Judi, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judi!!!!! Love that butterfly on the handle and the water-coloring is gorgeous as always! The sentiment on the envelope made me smile :) Hope you are having a beautiful weekend!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment and read them all!